Most, if not all orders leave our facility within 2-48 business hours and take 2-5 days to arrive via USPS, 2-7 via FedEx.
We restock our inventory daily so be sure to check back! Or for more info, email us at Sales@CucamongaValleyCandle.com
You will receive an email with tracking information once your order has shipped. If for some reason you did not receive this information, let us know at Orders@CucamongaValleyCandle.com and we will send it over.
Sorry, at the present time, we do not offer shipping outside of the US. We do plan on offering shipping outside of the US soon. Please check back!
Yes and No. If you live within California, we charge 9% State sales tax. If you live outside of California, we do not.
Yes! Please email us at Wholesale@CucamongaValleyCandle.com or call us at 909-297-5150.
We most frequently use USPS Priority Mail, but FedEx Ground/Home Delivery is also available. We do not use UPS.
FAQ About The Candles
The difference is the wax. Paraffin wax is the final by-product of the petroleum refining chain. It's what's leftover...even after the asphalt is extracted! It releases potentially harmful petroleum pollutants in the air, including several known carcinogens, according to the EPA. Soy wax is made from soy beans, which are a renewable resource that is grown here in the United States. This vegetable wax burns much cleaner and does not produce the toxins that paraffin emits. Also, soy wax burns at a lower temperature than candles made with paraffin wax. This gives you not only a healthier environment, but a candle with longer burn times. Additionally, because of the lower temperature at which a soy candle burns, and if the candle is "wicked" properly, the soy candle will leave minimal wax residue on the sides of the container as it burns. Soy wax is biodegradable and just plain environmentally-friendly!
Soy wax can sometimes release excess oil, especially during extreme temperature changes. Generally, a small pool of moisture will form on the top of the candle. This will not affect the candle in any way and will not usually reappear after the initial burn. To remove the oil, use a paper towel to gently wipe it clean. And always remember to store your soy candles in a cool place, out of direct sunlight.
No, your candle is not drying out. Frosting is a natural characteristic of soy, and is part of the soy experience! It is not a flaw, and it is strictly unique to pure soy candles. Often times it is called the "bloom." Actually, many customers are concerned if there is not frosting on their soy candles. It is a way that a customer can tell if their candle is really made with pure, all-natural soy wax. Frosting does not effect the scent throw or the burning properties of the candle. You can safely burn a candle with a bloom without worry. Frosting is a particular crystal growth of vegetable oils. It will cause the candle to look dry, which is simply a characteristic of that crystal structure, but has nothing to do with the candle "drying out". To minimize frosting, try to keep your candle out of direct sunlight and fluorescent lighting. Even changes in the weather can cause additional frosting. It is almost impossible to stop the soy wax from blooming. It's just one of the beautiful and natural features of this wonderful wax.
A mushroom-type head that forms on a burning wick is a build-up of carbon. When manufacturing candles, candle makers have dozens of choices of wicks to choose from. Certain wicks, tend produce this effect when the candle is richly-scented. Usually, if a mushrooming-type wick is used, there is a greater benefit such as a slower burning candle. There is nothing wrong with a wick of this kind, it just may look a little odd. The size of the wick can be controlled by always remembering to trim the wick prior to burning. As with any wick on any candle, the carbon build-up can eventually fall into the melt pool and sink to the bottom. Allowing this to happen is not proper candle care and may cause a fire hazard. This concern can be eliminated by always keeping candle wicks trimmed to 1/4".
Immediately extinguish a candle that has a wild flame. Smoking and a large, flashing flame is dangerous and a sign that something is wrong. For either problem, the cause may be a wick needing a trim or excess oxygen fanning the flame. If your wick is already trimmed to 1/4", then check for a draft. Heating vents, ceiling fans, windows or even a heavily used walkway or doorway can provide enough extra oxygen to cause a candle to smoke and produce a wild flame.
If you have previously read information claiming soy candles do not produce any soot, it might concern you if you find it lining the edges of your soy candle container. Actually, the truth is that no candle can be completely soot-free. If you have fire, you will have soot. However, the good news is that candles made with natural waxes do have significantly less soot than paraffin. And the soot it produces is a lighter, white soot that cannot always be seen. The black soot on the glass rim in all-natural candles typically comes from a wick issue, not petroleum pollutants like in paraffin wax. To keep the soot to a minimum, remember to only burn candles one (1) hour for every inch of it's diameter, keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" and keep the candle out of drafts. Also, it is very important that wick trimmings are NOT left in the candle wax (or matches, etc.). This will definitely cause black soot. And finally, allow enough air flow around the candle by not burning it in a small space. Doing so will inhibit the amount of oxygen around the wick of the candle and this may cause black soot to form. Black soot may also appear around the rim and on the sides from tilting the candle when lighting the wick. Try using a refillable, butane lighter with an extended nozzle instead of matches or small lighters.
A soy candle burning straight down the center, creating a tunnel, was not allowed to achieve a full melt pool on it's first burn. All-natural soy wax has a memory and if a soy candle is extinguished prior to allowing a full melt pool, all subsequent melt pools will not go past the first one. To leave the least amount of wax on the sides of the container, go for the full melt pool on the first burn. Just remember to burn the candle for a minimum of one (1) hour for every inch of it's diameter to get it. All future burns should follow the first one's path.
We at Cucamonga Valley Candle Co. choose to work with soy wax for a variety of reasons. The biggest reason is that it's a renewable resource and carbon neutral. We love that it burns more cleanly - and better yet - for a longer period of time than paraffin wax. And mostly, we love working with soy because it's a natural and non-toxic product that we can touch with our hands every day.
Soy wax is made from soy beans. Soy beans are husked and dried into a flake form, then the oil is extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated. The hydrogenation alters the chemical compound so that soy bean oil is a solid at room temperature. Leftover bean husks are typically used in animal feed.
This has been debated within the soy wax candle community and the short answer is no. The protein used to test for the presence of GMOs is not present in soy wax, therefore there is no reliable way to test for GMO free soy wax. Furthermore, only a very small percentage of soy beans grown in the U.S. are considered organic/GMO free.
We use fragrance oils that do have components of essential oils, but we do not use straight essential oils. While we love essential oils, we think that fragrance oils are better for use in candles, as the scent throw is stronger. Many essential oils tend to evaporate when they are burned because the flash point is so low.
When a 1/4" of wax remains, discontinue use of candle. Place your candle in the freezer, and once the wax hardens, it can be chipped out along with the wick. If there is more than a little bit of wax left, we recommend the "oven method" - place your candle in a warm oven and allow the wax to liquify. Carefully dump the wax out and wipe clean. Soap and water can then be used to remove the wax residue. Use to store pens, plant succulents in or just recycle! We recommend that food or liquids not be used in the jars after cleaning.
Our recommended burn time is 3-4 hours. Be sure to trim the wick to 1/4" before each lighting. Always allow the melt pool to reach the edges of the jars before extinguishing. This will allow the candle to burn evenly and prevent "tunneling." Be sure never to leave a candle unattended or in reach of children, pets or a draft. Allow the jar to cool completely before handling.
This is one of many benefits of using soy wax candles! Clean up is easy! Soy wax cleans up easily with soap and water. Let the wax harden, scrape of excess wax, and wipe the area with hot soapy water.